Sunday, July 18, 2010

She's 4 going on 16!


So I figure that it's now been almost a month since her birthday perhaps I should post pics and what not. We really didn't even get that many pictures, but we did have a lot of fun! When my mom and I started talking about Cassie coming out I decided she needed to be here over Melody's birthday since the poor child has only had one party where anyone from the family was there. We let her decide what she wanted to do. Her first request was six flags, but since her birthday was on a Saturday we nixed that idea in a hurry! Then she asked if we could go to a movie and the restaurant. That we could do!


Jared has many a fond memory of going to Cici's then to the dollar theater with his mom's purse stuffed full of junk, so that has become a regular activity at our house as well. Including the stuffed purse :D We went to see How to Train Your Dragon. Cutest kids movie I've seen all year. We'll definitely be investing in that one! Then we went to Golden Corral since Jared can stuff himself silly and I can still demand that some vegetables are eaten. Then we headed home to open presents! Jared hooked the webcam up to the TV so his family could sing to Melody too. That's always so fun because there is a delay so by the time we finish singing we're going verrry slooowly! lol!


This year Jared and I decided to just get one gift because we didn't know how over the top grandparents would be and we didn't want her to get too much. Turns out it was Aunt Whit that went nuts! She works at Oshkosh so I can see how it can be hard to resist! We got her a really cute little camera from vtech, totally recommend it, but definitely get some rechargeable batteries! It only took three days to drain hers completely! Melody was very gracious about letting Katie help blow out the candle and help open presents. She's pretty much an amazing big sister. Hopefully that means Katie will be to when it's her turn :)


I can hardly believe it's been four years since we welcomed her into this world! Watching her grow and learn and change has been a truly humbling experience. It's made me realize how much of me she takes in everyday and it's made me rethink a lot of the things I do and say. Everyday she amazes me and teaches me something new. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for the opportunity to be her mommy!

No comments: