Melody has been pretend cooking for a long time and I've put together a tote with measuring cups, whisks, spoons, and empty containers for her to use. She'll walk around stirring in various containers then offer everyone a bite. Her imagination has been such an influence on Katie! Katie wants to do everything Melody does, even if it means taking away the toy that Melody is currently playing with! The other night we were having a movie night and Katie just wasn't that into Iron Man, so she started puttering around looking for something to do. She wandered down the hall and came back with the dogs leash and a bowl that I'm still not sure where she found. She walks into the room and is pretending to stir with the leash. After a few minutes she offers Dad a bite, but Melody and I were left out! It's so much fun seeing how different she is from Melody and how much melody influences her behaviors! Sorry the movie is kinda dark, like I said we were having our movie night. I got away with pausing the movie, but turning the lights on would've been too much for Mellie, she would've thought we were sending her to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment