Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick catch up.

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, but we had a bit of a crazy week. Melody managed to catch a stomach bug and was unable to keep ANYTHING down for 7 days! Finally when the doctor was starting to get worried she started doing better. We all caught it to some degree, but Mellie was by far the worst! I told Jared there should be merit badges in heaven, you know you get this one if you caught throw up, you get this one for cleaning up bodily fluids this many times...you get the picture. Then he informed me that everyone will be equal in Heaven which I think is crap because I didn't see him catching throw up this week, not once! Any way now that you know why I've been absent so long I thought I'd bring everyone up to date on the daily adventures of our wonderful children.

Being sick has not in any way slowed Melody down, it's just made her grumpy and short tempered and much less likely to listen! Yesterday I put her down for quiet time (nap time, but I can't call it that or she freaks!) and went on my way. About 30 minutes later as Jared walked back from her room I asked if she was asleep assuming he had just checked on her. Apparently he hadn't actually looked at her, he just listened at the door. Not hearing anything he figured she was asleep. I go in a few minutes later to put away some clothes and find my darling daughter covered from face to feet in A&D ointment! I ha been putting it on some chapped skin on her arms and she decided I didn't put enough. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that greasy film off of ANYTHING!! Needless to say NOTHING gets left in her room that she might be able to rub, squish or stain with. I can't even just put it out of reach, I know her better than that!

Katie really isn't that much better. You'd think being 18 months younger she wouldn't get into quite as much trouble, but I think she's observing Mellie and learning well! Our dog has taken a liking to chewing on the plastic parts of Katie's binkies much to my chagrin! Those things are not cheap and I'm throwing them away with increasing frequency here lately. Katie saw one in our bathroom garbage the other day and decided to rescue it. It was the only thing in the garbage and therefore in the very bottom. As she bent over to get it instead of the can falling over she simply fell in! It's nearly as tall as she is so all you can see is her feet kicking and her crying getting more panicked! I couldn't stop laughing long enough to help her so Jared had to save her. Then he chastised me for laughing and told me to console her. Really, she FELL IN! What was I supposed to do?!

Being sick sucks, but even worse is being sick, stuck in the house and my children's energy not being affected at all! Really if they're going to get sick they should at least have the decency to sleep until they're better!

4 comments:

Long Family said...

Glad everyone's feeling better!!!

Ydais said...

Kudos to you for having a sense of humor after all that!:0)

Lexi said...

Oh bummer. I hate when any of us get sick. It throws the whole family into a funk. The trash can thing is funny as hell. :) I would have laughed if Sophie did that too.

Mrs N said...

This is when I think I am probably a lousy mom - because my kids had a stomach bug for two days each and I was SPENT. And your daughter ralphs for 7 days and you're totally blase about it. Ha ha

Glad you're all feeling better! :D