Saturday, February 14, 2009

Melody's Mischief!

Lately Melody has decided that her favorite thing to do is to color with markers. We've had many discussions about the 'rules' when we use markers, but she just can't seem to resist the temptation. Every time I give her markers the moments I look away to do something else this is what happens...

She was trying to hide because she knew what she had done was wrong and she was going to lose the markers. I love it when I catch her doing something wrong because her reaction cracks me up. I'll ask her what she's doing and when she responds 'No nothing Mom!' that's when I go investigate. The other day I was cleaning the bathroom and she was in the living room watching cartoons. I came to check on her and didn't even make it half way down the hall before I heard, 'no nothing mom, no!' She had found a sharpie and colored her ENTIRE hand black! Luckily I caught it soon enough that it didn't stain too bad. Needless to say her hands have been various shades for the last several days. Today I decided to crack down and put the markers away for a few days. It make me feel bad, though, because she finds so much joy in coloring various parts of her body!

Also take note of the supper cute tiny bows I recently made! I know they don't match, but we weren't going anywhere and seeing the girls wear them makes me smile! :P
On another note you may notice the large burn mark under her eye and be wondering what I've managed to do to her now, however I maintain that it was completely her fault! I was pulling a pan of cookies out of the oven for enrichment night and she wanted one so she ran forward to grab one. I had already told her she couldn't have one and that she needed to move back because it was hot. It didn't phase her, all she heard was 'cookies coming out of the oven' Jared was afraid it might scar, but I'm a mean mom and said it would serve her right! Such a handful this one is!

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

I am SO GLAD that I am not the only one that is having issues with a wee one getting into markers and drawing all over herself and "other" things too. It's been a big battle with her because Jayde loves to color and so does Ash. But Jayde is very irrespossible and leaves the crayons and makers out everywhere. I have to take them away for weeks at a time sometimes. Drives me NUTS!! Recently I have had black premanent marker on my new coffee table, laminate kitchen floors, cupboards, finger nails, and clothes... to only name a few. I'm about ready to give up! What happened to my sweet little girl who would just sit and play contentedly for hours! I want HER back! LOL!