Jared decided to start a new tradition with his girls and has started doing a 'date' with them on Saturdays. We each get a weekend, and if we have another girl he'll have a different date for every Saturday of the month lol! Last week he and Melody went to a movie and got some chinese food for lunch. Since Katie and I pretty much hate all Asian food, it's a good thing for them to do together. While they did that Katie and I got some serious shopping therapy in. She is an amazing shopper! She will go anywhere with you, which is why Jared spent his date with her today exploring Fry's. The girls have dubbed this 'the Daddy store' since there's nothing there that any one but Dad would want to look at. After they left there, however, she got kind of pouty and Jared asked her what was wrong. She told him she was 'just so fwustated' when he asked her why she said she just needed her momma. While I love that he spends one on one time with each of them my heart just melted when he told me that. She's still such a sweet baby, and I'm trying to soak up every ounce of baby left before she turns into the rotten 4 year old her sister has become!
While Jared and Katie were gone today Melody and I went swimming. I was really excited because it was supposed to be really warm and I just got a fantastic new swimsuit, so I was more than a little disappointed when we got to the pool and it was FREEZING! It was so cold it literally hurt getting into the water, and I did it as slowly as possible. Melody, however, strapped on her new princess goggles and jumped right in! Unfortunately she was so enamored with the idea of being able to see under the water she forgot to plug her nose! I nearly had to jump in and save her, thankfully she was close enough to the wall that I just pulled her out. She's been asking me for days to get her goggles. She thinks there's a lot more to see under the water than there really is. She spent most of today sitting on the stairs and sticking her face under so she could 'explore' lol! She's been such a tyrant lately that it was wonderful to have her in such a fun and happy mood!
We're still on the hunt for a house. Seven weeks and counting until we have to be out of this place, we're pretty much running on faith at this point! I've had to learn a lesson the hard way through all of this. When we started looking I had complete faith that there was a place that we were supposed to go, but as time wears on my faith is not as strong as it was at the beginning. My friend suggested I go to the temple, which I thought was a great, and obvious, idea. Then I realized my recommend had expired! It's always when you really need that spiritual renewal that something like this happens. Pretty sure I learned my lesson and it won't be happening to me again!
We have an appointment set for our 'big' ultrasound, but I'm not telling when. We'll announce it on facebook and here on the blog when we find out what we're having. At that point we'll have to get serious about names. So far the only one we've been able to agree on is Allison. I don't think that will work to well for a boy, not to mention I have a cousin named Allison. Sorry Dan, we may have to have two in the family because the name game is not one Jared and I play well together!
Hopefully I'll get some more pictures taken soon. I used to take a majority of them with my phone, but the camera doesn't work very well all of a sudden so I have to work on remembering to keep the camera with me. We're going to the zoo with Melody and Katie's preschool groups on the 20th so I should get a few good ones there! *fingers crossed*
No comments:
Post a Comment