We went to the zoo for a preschool field trip last Wednesday and it couldn't have been a more perfect day for it! The weather was so mild and comfortable and it was overcast so no sunburn. Yay! A couple of friends and I decided to be brave and ride the DART rail because it would drop us off literally at the front door of the zoo. That and I hate driving on 35 into Dallas during rush hour! The kids had a great time, we had to run to catch our connection, but I think the kids thought that was the best part since we told them it was a race lol!
I just love those sweet cheeks! Is it horrible of me to hope she never out grows them?
We pretty much never leave the house without notebooks and pens. The girls spend a LOT of time drawing!
Once we got to the zoo I handed my camera over to my friend Caryn and boy am I glad I did! She got some really cute pictures.
There are these giant statues all over the zoo of different animals that the kids can climb on. I wish I had zoomed out a little on these so you could see just how high they were. It took the kids all of about 5 seconds to NOT be ok with being that high. All except for little Katie. As you can see they're all panicking and she's ready to go for a ride! I swear nothing slows that kid down!
Caryn took her boys over to see the giraffes and got yelled at in the process because they were feeding them leaves. It was worth it because she got some awesome pictures! My girls weren't there when they did this because they were having a snack. When they saw these pictures they were SO mad! lol!
Seems like a small harmless puddle, right? Wrong! That silly puddle caused us so much grief! We moms were trying to decide where we wanted to go next and it seemed like every five seconds one of us was yelling at one of the kids to get out of the gross muddy water. They pretty much all had wet feet before we got away from there.
This gorilla was being so funny! He had this huge wooded area to play in with all these toys and snacks and he chooses to lay in the corner and make faces at the kids. There's a glare on these, but I love the looks on the kids faces! At the end he was lounged out with his and and feet folded and would turn his head every so often and make a face at the kids. They were loving it!
I almost didn't include this one since it seems like I'm as wide as I am tall right now, but I plan to make this blog into a book eventually. I figured this would be a cute one to look back on no matter how wide I was :)
Silly Melody was striking a pose all day any time someone pulled out their camera. She's not like Jared at all is she?
I think I may have this last one framed. She's turning into such a beautiful young lady! Now if only I could get her to act like one.
1 comment:
i love melody's little dress! the picture with you 3 is super cute :) i have one like that with me and sophie at the zoo, and now that i'm no longer a hippo, i love it
Post a Comment