Tuesday, June 9, 2009

cutest 'green' bags

I'm all about saving the environment and keeping our planet happy, however, I'm also one of those people that if it's too inconvenient I just won't do it! I use plastic bags at the grocery store partly because I later use them as garbage bags in my bathrooms, but also because I'm simply too cheap to buy those 'green' totes you see everywhere (blame my husband, or his father who taught him, which ever you prefer!). I had thought about making them, but there again, too cheap to buy the heavy duty fabric I would want. When I stumbled on this tutorial in my many blog wanderings* I knew I had to make it! I mean it appeals to me on so many levels. I can make it, which I love! It's practically free, uses the plastic bags that are threatening to take over my kitchen. And mostly it's too cute! I'm going to make mine all pink and girly just for the satisfaction of seeing Jared carry them out of the store! Click on the picture to go to her tutorial.

* The blog is called sew take a hike which in itself is cute, but she really has some cute sewing ideas if your into that. You should wander over and kill some time after the kiddies are in bed!

No comments: