Thursday, June 4, 2009

Decisions, decisions...

Jared and have been talking over the last year about what he'd like to be when he grows up. He's kinda bounced all over the place: flooring, police force, and now IT. He told me he knew he didn't want to do IT forever to which I responded 'read your patriarchal blessing, do some praying and FIGURE IT OUT!' If you know me at all you know I like consistency. I blame my parents. We only moved three times in my entire life and I went to the same school with the same kids for 13 years (some of us went to the same daycare!) and my parents had the same jobs for most of my life. Since marrying Jared I have moved 7 times, lived in 3 different states and lived through three major career changes, and had two children all in 4 years! I can't believe I haven't completely lost it yet. However I have to admit that it has been exciting. Him calling one day and saying 'hey I got a job offer in Texas, you game?' is kinda nerve wracking, but exciting nonetheless!

So after him doing his part and us discussing a lot he has decided to go back to what he wanted to be in high school, a composer. Some day he would like compose for the big screen or digital media. I'm really excited about this since it was his love for music that drew me to him to begin with! Right now we're looking into schools and trying to get a 4 year plan of action put together.

We had heard about a government grant that will forgive so much of your student loans if you get a teaching degree and teach in that state for two years. I know Utah had one and I know Texas does, but I don't know about any other states. We thought he could either do a double major, or just major in composition and get his teaching certs on the side. Then he could teach music while he got the composing off the ground. We have a lot to figure out and decide still. What school being the first thing!

We'll let you know when we know!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I'm so happy for him. :) When I was little I used to sit outside the piano room and just listen to him play. He really is gifted. I hope it all works out for you guys. And knowing how stubborn he is, he will make it work. :D