Jared and I immediately went looking for the warranty information. Thankfully my husband is one of those that would buy a warranty for his sandwich meat if it were offered. Unfortunately, we were unable to even find the receipt, we were convinced that we had bought it from Best Buy so that was the receipt we were looking for. After some more thought, however, we came to the horrible realization that we had actually bought it from Circuit City. Not only had we bought it from Circuit City, but when we bought it they were out of the warranty packets so we didn't get one. Of course we were supposed to go back and get one, but neither of us seemed to remember that detail! After my wonderful computer geek husband Google searched for a while he came up with a phone number to call. After spending 30 minutes listening to bad opera hold music (who uses opera for their hold music?) and being told I had called the wrong place, I finally found the person who could help us. They sent some nice man out today to take the T.V. away and bring it back to us in working condition.
In case you were wondering this story has been leading somewhere. I am one of those moms that uses the T.V. to baby sit her kids while she showers, cleans, cooks, ect. I admit it, I am a bad mom! My kids are so crazy that if I take my eyes off of them for even one minute they will have completely destroyed some section of the house. The only time can be sure that they will stay mostly occupied is when they are watching T.V. Keep in mind that while I use the T.V. as a baby sitter I am discretionary about what they are allowed to watch. Not having cable pretty much limits their options to PBS or Disney movies. Pretty safe ground I should think.
These last few days the girls and I have had to get a little more creative in ways to occupy our time. We go to the park every morning and swimming nearly every after noon, but then there is that time when Katie is napping and we have to do something that will keep Melody happy, quiet and busy. Those three things at the same time is a tall order! She absolutely LOVES to cook so I knew anything in the kitchen would be a winner. I Googled a recipe for play dough (really how did people even live before Google?) and we whipped up a batch. Then while I started dinner Melody practiced her cookie cutting skills. Before too much longer I should have a quite the kitchen helper on my hands! The following is a tutorial on how to cut a candy cane out of play dough. I don't understand most of what she said, but I found it to be very informing!
EDIT: Play dough recipe
1c cold water
1c salt
2T vegetable oil
2c flour
2T corn starch
food coloring
In large bowl mix together water, salt, oil and a few drops of food coloring (the paste makes more vibrant colors, but the liquid works just as well). In a seperate bowl mix flour and cornstarch. Add 1/2 C at a time to the water mixture stirring constantly. Knead for a few minutes. Store tightly sealed in ziploc bag.
1 comment:
When we were without cable, we hooked my computer up to the TV and would stream Clubhouse Disney and stuff from Hulu/Network Television on it. Worked out great! :D
Post a Comment