I was informed by my hubby that I hadn't posted pics of the girls in almost a month and I know you Grandmas live to see them so here I am getting my tail in gear! First of all in my defence we couldn't find the camera, then we had to find the battery charger, then we had to find the card reader. Now that all is right again the posts should be more frequent and riddled with pictures!
Here we see all that is good about moving!
If you think about it moving while still very little has got to be exciting! You get a new room and a new house with lots of new things to explore, not to mention the house is a wreck so you have access to things mom would have NEVER let you play with before (see elephant pics at bottom). And then there are the boxes. Sweet lovely boxes. What I wouldn't give to find as much joy and excitement in a simple box as my girls do!
They had so much fun and are still having fun. We have a pretty big balcony so I've moved most of the boxes out there and they've made all kinds of neat things. So far the only ones I've been able to eaves drop are a doctors office and a kitchen.
I love how much fun they are being able to have together. Katie is going to have an amazing imagination thanks to Melody! She just runs and climbs and follows Mellie everywhere. And when she's tired of following Mellie around she goes to the door and bangs on it and Mellie lets her back in.
In all these pictures you see the girls laying their claim on my dish pack. I really wanted to save this, since it did cost money and still had a lot of life left in it, but really how could I deny them? After the girls started playing it took Jared all of 5 minutes to get involved too! It's almost like he couldn't help himself, he had to play! There is also a video in the bottom bar, it's kinda long, but oh so funny!
Now on to the Halloween in May pictures.
Melody came across her Halloween costume while we were trying to make sense of the chaos the day after we moved. She BEGGED me to wear it. She was actually pleading with me, following me around the house with a continuous please please please. I figured it's not likely to fit her next Halloween so why not let her get some use out of it.
We put it on and sent her on her way. It was a humid 85 degrees that day so I didn't think it would last long, but it was several hours before she decided to take it off. She even brought me Katie's and asked me to put hers on. Unfortunately Katie's is a 6-9 month so only the top fit and just barely. I wish I had gotten a picture of the both of them running around, but just didn't think about it! Can you tell how much she loves elephants? She was an elephant for Halloween and you can see her elephant from aunt Whitney in the corner there. If we lose that elephant we are so screwed! She takes that thing EVERYWHERE! Bed, church, car, you name it and her elephant is with her!
The desk you see here is a nook in our kitchen that I'm sure is meant to be a computer desk, however we have Jared's gigantic desk in our room so we have no need for it. I have turned it into Melody's project center. I have all of her crayons, markers, pens, pencils, glue, scissors, and paper there within her reach. She gets up there from time to time and does her thing and then goes on to the next thing that catches her interest. It's nice for me since I now do not have to drag everything out of the craft room and put it all out then put it all back!
1 comment:
They sure are cute! I can't wait to have two so they can keep eachother busy with their funny imaginations!
Post a Comment