Thursday, September 17, 2009

Further evidence

To reinforce the claims made in the previous post I thought I would share with you my craft for the day. I don't feel too bad about this one though because it's helping my family. So in my mind that makes it worth it!

I think I inherited more than my share of the Scott gene. My grandfather was forever moving piles from one place to the next and in reality my mom is no better. Those piles all have a purpose, they just don't have a place to be. I find myself continuing in this trend and I really can't take it! You know in Harry Potter 5 when Umbridge is going off the deep end and she yells 'I will have order'? Well that's me. I know I'm a dork for making that comparison, but I feel just like that looking at my house. We have moved so many times that right as I start to get an idea of how I can organize things, we move again! Well this time it's going to be better! I'm hoping to be here a year or two so I have some time.

We have this really great nook in our kitchen that I have dubbed Mellie's craft desk. I'm sure before too much longer it will be the kids craft desk, but for now Mellie is the only one that really uses it. The problem is that we have all of her craft stuff on that desk (pens, markers, crayons, paper, ect...) and no real system of organization.

Early this morning while I was trying to go back to sleep after being dragged out of bed by a teething toddler for the 5th time I had an epiphany. I guess I should really thank Katelynn rather than curse her. Whatever. Here was my thought...

THIS


+ THIS
AND THIS

=Many great and wonderful things!

Throw in a few of those random jars and containers I've been holding onto forever and you get


THIS


Ahhhh. Such sweet satisfaction! I don't think I've seen the top of that desk in more than a month. Now all I need is to 'encourage' Jared to mount that modem to the underside of that cabinet and it will be perfect!



Where did you get such an assortment of jars you ask? Well my dear friends, the answer is my fridge! Salsa, jelly, peanut butter, pickles. Nothing gets thrown out. I'm just weird like that. I'm so convinced that I can use it for something that I refuse to let it go. To be fair I usually do find something to use them for it just takes a while. I used formula cans to make some pretty creative birthday cans last year! Now I've begun to make a dent in my jar collection! The tall one in the back is from my Grandma Carter. She, like me, feels that everything can be reused for something. Especially these sweet things!

So pretty! I have been using them to store noodles, but I still have oodles more!

Now onto the next problem to tackle...




I'm thinking those file thingys you can hang on the wall. Coloring paper in one, coloring books in another, stickers and what not in the other, ect...




And this. *sigh* This is the cabinet above the desk and I'm really not sure where to start. Katie's gonna be teething for a while longer so I guess I can hope for another early morning epiphany!


No comments: