Sometimes I love that we don't live in Utah! Like tonight, for instance, was the General Relief Society Meeting Broadcast. In Utah every other person you meet is LDS, but here you deal largely with non-members, so when the opportunity to come together as sisters comes along it's always a wonderful experience! Our stake is actually not as spread out as it is in other areas. We include two very large cities, but we're still spread out enough that we don't run into each other in the grocery store!Tonight, when the meeting started and we were all singing 'There is Sunshine in my Soul Today' I had this overwhelming feeling of belonging. Here I was, sitting in this room with all of these other women from all walks of life. Young, old, rich, poor, married, widowed, we all had different circumstances and stories to tell, but here we all had gathered together to listen to our leaders speak, be uplifted, and find a greater sense of peace. I had this realization that I can totally be myself with these women. We all have the same goal. We all are going the same direction, even if our individual paths take us on some twists and turns, we all are striving for the same thing! I'm so grateful for this church and the organization of the Relief Society.
In everyday life I worry about silly things like how my clothes fit and look, how my kids behave, how people perceive me, ect. But tonight all of that trivial, unimportant stuff just lifted off my shoulders and I just felt at ease. I love it when I'm given the opportunity to refocus. To remember what is really important and find a renewed sense of happiness. Happiness to just be who I am and know that my Heavenly Father loves and accepts me for who I am, faults and all. I hope you all had the opportunity to attend this broadcast tonight. If you didn't you can find the video HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment