Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A day at the museum

We actually did this several weeks ago, Jared took so many pictures that it's taken me a while to sort through the ones I wanted and get all the editing done. Enjoy!



One thing about living in Dallas is we have about 6 million things we could go do every weekend, unfortunately they all cost money. Usually a LOT of money. Mellie keeps asking me if we can go to the museum and really how many 3 year olds ask to go to the museum? After some searching we found a museum of natural history with a small children's museum downstairs out at the fair grounds. Good news...family of 4, under $20! YAY! My kids ages change depending on where we are :) Don't judge, you know you do it too!



The first thing Mellie asked to look at was the dinosaurs. This kid is obsessed with dinosaurs. They had a really cool digging pit where the kids could get in a wear fancy hats and use their little brushes to uncover bones. Mellie had a ton of fun, Katie mostly covered everyone else in dirt!



Here we're looking at a fossilized dinosaur footprint. Mellie wanted to compare her foot to the dinosaur one.



Next we headed down so they could explore the children's section of the museum. It was pretty cool. The first thing the girls saw was the fire truck and it was all Jared and I could do to keep up with them. Those little kids are agile things when it comes to ducking through adults legs to get to their prize! It seemed like everybody elses kids were very well behaved and then we brought our heathen lot in. It was too near nap time so that's why you see so many binky shots of Katie. I'm such an enabler!



This little boy was so sweet! He kept trying to help Katie put her hat back on.





Next we headed to what I dubbed the 'creature room'. They had ant tunnels in the middle of the room for the kids to pretend they were bugs and what not. I love Katie's face in this one, and check out the kid behind her. Makes you think she just did something she knew she wasn't supposed to and was hauling out of there. Oh I so fondly look forward to her teenage years!





Katie was fascinated by the fish, can you tell?



Melody Kept trying to get me to go look at this 'really cool thing' that turned out to be a tarantula, which is why you don't see to many pics of her in this room. She stayed over by it and I wouldn't go near it!Katie found these cute bug hats to dress up with. I love her face in this one! Such a little character!



Here's the Farm Room. They got to play with all kinds of fake fruits and Veggies. The kids took their little shopping bags and stuffed them as full as they could then dumped them. All in the same bin. Unfortunately they had previously been meticulously sorted into their own little bins! Ah my kids, they are truly mine.

They look so cute on these little horses! I think dad needs to buy them real ones, and while he's at it one for mom with a few acres to keep them on! :) A girl can dream can't she?



And finally, my newly discovered weight loss plan. I intend to carry this mirror around everywhere!
Before:

After:

Who needs to waste time on dieting!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

you should sell people your weight loss plan :P MAKE MILLIONS! and get money for them horses. I love the picture of Katie looking at the fish :)

Ydais said...

That last pic is helarious, can I get one of those mirror. The girls look like they had great fun. I can't wait to see your hair in person.