Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moments that melt my heart.

I got home from a baby shower last night and Jared had already gotten the kids bathed and in bed (so many husband points awarded here) so I went in to check on them. Melody was still awake so I laid down to snuggle with her for a minute. This is the conversation that just melted my heart...

Melody: Did you have fun at your party?

Me: Yeah we had a lot of fun.

Melody: What did you do?

Me: Well a friend of mine has a baby in her tummy and all the mommies got together to give her things she will need to take care of that baby when its ready to come out.

Melody: Oh, so that's why you made the bibs. So her baby could use them.

Me: Yep we all bought or made her things to help her get ready for her baby.

Melody: Mommy, someday, when I get big, I'm going to get a ma-sewing-ma-chene and make things to help people get ready for their little babies.

Even though we don't get along very well sometimes, moments like this really drive home that she watches everything I do and say and it constantly makes me ask myself what kind of example am I setting for her? She's getting so big so fast and has this understanding of life that surpasses her 3 years. I just love her too too much!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

aw :) how cute. it was my moms love for crafting that drove me to it. she was always sewing me things, or helping us to make funky sock puppets.

hopefully she loves it too :)

Lexi said...

i love the blog background! i need to find me a cute halloween one