Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My sweet scammin' hubby

My dear husband is a total gadget techy geek. He has a list ten miles long of all the techy gadgety stuff he would like. When we first got married I didn't know what half of it was or what it did. Through much patience on his part I have learned a lot. I think his main reason for wanting me to understand is so that I would see the benefit of each new toy and be ok with the money spent in order to acquire it. Recently, however, money has been lean and our hobby's have both suffered. His more than mine because you can craft and what not for pretty cheap. So Jared has found other ways to get the things he wants.

He started working at the Hilton Reservation Center in the IT department in May. Apparently they have a bit of an organizational problem so Jared set himself to the task of fixing that. Through all of the cleaning and sorting he's come across a lot of abandoned, fairly expensive things. For some reason his supervisor likes him and lets him take the things that are no longer being used. Since starting there he has managed to scam:

6 computers

The rest are burried in the closet!

2 servers

2 printers

and last night he brought home the screen mount that he has been coveting.
I can tell you that as each thing came home I was less and less impressed, but really I have 3 cabinets of craft stuff and that doesn't include the stuff that has taken up shop on my kitchen table. He doesn't complain about my stuff so how could I complain about his? Every time he brings home something new I just shake my head and ponder where I could find a job like his. Preferably somewhere they have a surplus of Cricuts and are just dieing to hand them off to someone!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

haha i showed denny the post, and he wants to know how much jared makes, and if they are hiring