If you remember I posted a while back about the twigs at my local park and how they are completely straight. With the help of my little ones I collected a TON! I made two baskets just by alternately stacking them and hot gluing them in place. Then I used floral foam and spanish moss to fill it, but that was as far as I got. I knew what I wanted them to look like, but I never found the right flowers. Until I looked at the dollar store. You wouldn't think you'd be able to find very good quality flowers at a dollar store, but I was pleasantly surprised! These were PERFECT! I love how they turned out!This planter I've had for a few years and never managed to get anything in it. These worked out great and it filled the space on top of my entertainment center really well!
If you look in the background of this picture you can see on the wall a montage of pictures. We have a giant wall at the top of our stairs that was in serious need of attention. I have a pencil sketch of the bountiful temple framed in black and thought it would be nice to surround it with black and white candids of the family framed with black frames. Unfortunately all the cheapy frames I found a Wal-mart and Target looked as cheap as they were. Again the dollar store solved my problem. They have a huge selection of frames that are actually nice! I've been buying them a little here and a little there. I'm thinking four or five more and that should be enough to fill the space.
We've lived in this apartment 4 months, and I'm finally being able to get the place put together!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
I heart dollar stores!
The other night I had planned to make a run to the craft store for something I needed to finish a fall garland I've been working on. The dollar store is three doors down from Micheal's so I thought I'd go there first and see if they had what I needed. I not only found what I needed, I found what I needed to finish three other projects! I still don't have the fall garland done, but I did finally get these baskets done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thats a really cool idea! i may have to hit up our park and collect sticks :P
those are way cute, and a very good idea. I have plenty of straight sticks here in my backyard. I think I may, I think I might, piss my hubby off tonight (when I tell him what I want to do!). LOL! Plus I need some dowel looking sticks to make my ghost circle up front! Thanks for the ideas! And they make your place look way cute!
Post a Comment