Thursday, September 17, 2009

My confession

I feel like perhaps I was unfair when I displayed all of Jared's computer paraphernalia that is taking over our house. I'm really just as bad. So to be fair I thought I would spill my deep and dirty secret.

I. Am. A. Craft Addict.


There, it's been said. I'm pathetic really. The idea of walking into Micheal's and going through the dollar bins sends tingles down my spine. When I find some new project that I love, I can't do anything else until it has been made. On a few occasions my addiction has led to eating out because not only did I not make dinner, but we couldn't find the table. I am ashamed. I felt that in all fairness I should post pictures of how much room my stuff takes up. Not only does it take a lot of room, but I get into it more frequently than Jared gets into his stuff, so it's also considerably messier! Be prepared...what I'm about to show you is disturbing.


This is in the closet. The huggies box is full of sewing stuff that really just doesn't have a place to be, so it was easier to just keep it in there so at least it all stayed together. The totes under that are fabric. I'm really not that bad, my mom has more, but my Grandma Scott had us all beat! She left quite a legacy for me to live up to...



This is also in the closet. See that monster bunny? I made that for my friends little girl's birthday, but didn't get it finished in time. Her birthday was in April. 'Nuff said.

We got this dresser from a friend of Jared's and while I don't think it's pretty or anything it has been a life saver!
Drawer #1:unfinished projects.(yep it's full!)
Drawer #2:photos and other random scrapbook stuff
Drawer #3:hair bow stuff, glue guns and sticks, and more random scrapbook stuff
Drawer #4:Stuff for kids crafts
To be honest I could really use another one this same size!



This used to be our computer cabinet, but since moving to Texas we have enough room for Jared's desk, so I took it! I really know what's in there and where. Sorta...

And this is the crowning moment of shame! This cabinet sits next to our kitchen table. It started there because we really didn't have a place for it yet and again, I took it! It could really be used more efficiently, I know, I have big plans. However big plans usually require money, and since I'm experiencing a shortage of that we deal with this. Note the sewing machine on the ledge in the top left corner. Jared's pretty sick of it. I know because he made a point of clearing out his computer stuff in hopes of creating a craft space for me in our room. All I can say is good luck love! Good luck!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

its ok I'm just as bad :P we finally claimed Sophie's room as our own (since she sleeps with us anyways) it has because my craft room! (and dennys lego room) now all my crap wont devour or kitchen anymore

Ydais said...

I want that bunny!!!