My kids are presenting me with many opportunities to 'grow' my patience here lately. I think they're taking turns. Yesterday was Mellie's turn and today was Katie's.
Yesterday I had some major cleaning to catch up on so being the good mom I am I plopped them down in front of cartoons and got busy. Shortly after Melody comes in to me and says 'mom I broke rules' I asked her what rule she broke and her response was 'I colored Katie'. Obviously I was expecting the worst when I heard that, but I wasn't prepared for what she had done. She had gotten a green crayola marker and had obviously started out on her easel, but somehow the temptation to color her sister was too great. I wish I had stopped to get a picture, but I was too upset. Katie was COMPLETELY GREEN! She had colored her face, her arms, her shirt, her legs! What I want to know is if I can't get Katie to hold still long enough for me to put in a pony tail how on earth did Mellie get her to hold still long enough to COLOR HER! I got that mess cleaned up, got the clothes in the washer and went back to cleaning.
A few minutes later I come out to check on them and there's Mellie...painting my walls with A&D ointment. Apparently it doesn't come off mate finish walls! Again I cleaned up the mess and took her out to get lunch. She wanted cereal so I poured her a bowl and went about cleaning up the kitchen. You'd think by this point I would being watching her like a hawk, but apparently I'm not a quick learner. She ate all of the cereal then poured out her milk onto the table and began 'washing' the table. Again I cleaned up the mess and this time she went to her room.
All was quiet for about an hour when she started crying that she was 'sooo hungry' so I made her a peanut butter sandwich. I'm not sure what I went off to do, but when I returned a few minutes later she was PAINTING MY BLINDS WITH PEANUT BUTTER! That was the last straw. She went to her room to play and I put the gate in her door so she couldn't get out and create more havoc. At this point I called Jared crying and asked him to come home early and bring dinner because I wasn't cooking!
Today I was ready for a better day and promised myself that I would laugh off whatever she came up with. It was my turn to help with Mellie's preschool today so I took Katie along to play with the kids. All went well until about an hour in Katie fell down the massive flight of stairs with ceramic tile at the bottom. 'Is she dead?' you ask. No, she's barely bruised, but I didn't stop crying for about five minutes. Neither of us could believe that she came out of that fall with so little injury. After that if any of the kids got even near the stairs Michelle and I freaked out! I thought that the good thing that might come of it was that Katie would stay away from the stairs now that she'd had the life scared out of her. But no, she was ready to go again! I had to pull her back from the stairs several more times. It was like she would watch and as soon as we were both busy doing other things she would beeline as fast as she could, and she crawls crazy fast now!
So FYI grandparents, you may have to content your self to the two of them because I don't know if my nerves can take another one!
2 comments:
OH MY! What a day you had. Sounds like what I go through on a regular basis with Ashlyn. It seems like if it's not one thing than it is another. BUT if my older kids see her doing something she's not supposed to they watch her do it and then come and complain to me about what she did. KIDS! UMPH!!! I am glad to read that Katie is ok though. That sounds like a not so great fall!
That would scare the crap out of me. Sophie fell of the bed a few times and I nearly had a heart attack each time. I would call Denny at work crying and he would have no idea what was wrong. Good thing them babies are durrable.
Post a Comment