Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Two Years!
Tomorrow will be the two year anniversary of our family becoming an eternal one! That's right, two years ago tomorrow Jared, Melody and I were sealed together forever. I can't believe the changes that took place in our family and our marriage after we went to the temple. I definitely gained a greater appreciation for my husband and his role in our family. Where would I be without him? He loves me, makes me feel safe, and he's always pushing me to be better than I was yesterday. He's an amazing father and I am so glad that he's mine! To commemorate the day (that I'm sure will go unnoticed by Jared :D ) I thought I would share a few things with you that I love about him. I actually saw this as a tag on a friends blog, but I thought it would be a fun way to 'express my love'!
1. Where did you meet your husband? The first day of band in our sophomore year is when I met him, but I'm sure he didn't remember who I was for several months after that.
2. How long did you date before you got married? Off and in for about 4 years.
3. How long have you been married? 3 years, 7 months, 1 week, and 4 days holy cow how time flys!
4. What does he do that surprises you? He does little things all the time, like getting up with the kids, making dinner, or cleaning up real quick while I'm out of the room.
5. What is your favorite feature of him? His beautiful brown eyes, and as weird as it may sound... his hands. I LOVE watching his hands while he plays the piano. They're strong, but they can be so gentle.
6. What is your favorite quality? He has the corniest sense of humor that will make me smile no matter how bad of a mood I'm in!
7. What does he do that makes you smile? He plays with the girls with as much enthusiasm as a little boy. I love watching him play with them. They are always so excited when he gets home.
8. What does he do that drives you crazy? Oh lots of stuff. I think that's what I love about him the most is he makes me want to scream, but then he makes me laugh. He makes me not take myself or life so seriously!
9. Does he have a nickname for you? He always calls me Tash. Once Melody corrected him and said 'No dad, that's Tasha Meakin!' Hehe!
10. What is his favorite food? Well it used to be anything frozen or packed with cholesterol and sodium, but he's starting to appreciate home cooked meals, even mine!
11. What is his favorite sport? Does warcraft count?
12. When and where did you first kiss? It was at a band festival the end of our junior year. Kinda a weird place, but it was actually very romantic and to this day I remember every minute of that night in detail!
13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We both really enjoy our 'wal-mart dates' It's the only place that we can take our kids with us and be able to look at a variety of things. Kinda lame, but what else can you do with two small children and no family around to babysit on a whim.
14. Do you have children? Two beautiful and rambunctious girls that are so much like the both of
us we pretty much spend our lives in a constant state of crazy!
15. Does he have any hidden talents? Seriously, what can't he do?! Oh yeah he can't roller skate! Sorry babe had to throw that in!
16. How old is he? Mentally or physically?
17. Who said I love you first? He did
18. What is his favorite music? It kinda varies, he's pretty picky about his music.
19. What do you admire most about him? He's terribly patient with our girls, even when I'm ready to tear my hair out, he keeps his calm and gets the kids back under control.
20. What is his favorite color? Not sure he has one, but I know he hates yellow
21. Will he read this? Not unless I tell him to, and even then it probably won't be for a few days. He's a distracted guy, but I love him anyway!
Hope you know how much I love you babe! I'm looking forward to many more years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I remember when we lived in Syracuse Jared bought a pair of roller skates... that was the funniest day in the world. There he was trying to roll down our driveway (mostly just running into the mail box) and me in my little 10 year old glory, was rubbing it in his face that I could skate and he couldn't. Sibling love. :)
Post a Comment