Wednesday, November 19, 2008

She Walks!

Katie has finally decided that she's interested in walking. Personally I think she'd been able to preform this little feat for quite some time, but wasn't about to let us know. The other day she took a step towards me because I had the food she wanted. She wouldn't do it again so I thought it was just a fluke. Then the next day I was napping on the couch and she was standing beside it doing her best to wake me up. I happened to open my eyes just as she walked away from the couch. Before I could call Jared's name she plopped back down on her bottom. On Monday we went to the park and Mellie wanted to get out of the stroller and run, but Katie had to stay in because no one wanted to carry her. She was very upset about this and later that evening she started taking steps across the room. I think being stuck in the stroller was major motivation. She would much rather crawl, but she's starting to get the hang of it. So now my baby is a toddler, it seems like we just brought her home yesterday and she'll be a year old in just over a month. My how time flies when you're having fun! This video below was not easy to get and I edited out most of it, but you can see her walking finesse for the short two steps she takes. You can also hear her saying no, no. We've been trying to teach her not to touch Jared's over priced TV so we say no, no a lot. Katie will crawl over to the TV stand up and start banging on it all while yelling 'na,na! na, na!' It's great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm well Tasha like I told you, ANOTHER little Jared! Jerry used to tell Jared No, No, No, A lot too and Jared will repeat it back to us same as Lynn. It’s great to see her walking just like Sophie is doing it now. You know the other day Jerry and I were talking about Mellie and Jared and we laughed our head off. I told Jared later on... Hey Jared guest what, Mellie is JUST LIKE YOU!!! Sure he didn't appreciate, I do wonder why :0)