Monday, November 24, 2008

Too much fun in church!

This is what happens when you let your kids have too much fun in church. We always sit in the very back in the overflow so the kids can kinda move around with out disturbing too many people, but yesterday Jared cracked down on Melody sitting in a chair and reading or what not, as long as she was in a chair. She started messing around entertaining herself and suddenly she falls head first off the chair! We both laughed for a second because it was funny! I know I'm a horrible parent! Anyway she sits up to start crying and she has blood gushing from her lip! We get her into the bathroom and get a wet paper towel on it to stop the bleeding and assess the damage. The cut was pretty yucky and she had chipped the corner off of her front tooth. Jared's comment was 'she's going to loose it anyway!' To which I responded 'not for several years! It needs to be fixed!' I think I was more upset about the tooth than the blood. We're going to get her into the dentist since it's time for her regular check up anyway and see if our insurance will cover it. For her sake I hope it does! This isn't a very good picture and you can practically see her brain through her nose the way she's standing, but it gives you a general idea of the damage.

1 comment:

Liz H said...

If you were sitting up front in the cushy seats she would have bit the carpet instead of the gym floor.

I suggest moving waaaayyyyy forward!!! ;-)

She doesn't look any worse for the wear and I'm sure that the pictures will give her good stories to tell her kids when she's a mom - like the "You'll shoot your eye out". "If you don't stop messing around on that chair - you'll fall and chip your tooth!!!"