So I'm finally starting to get a pretty good grove going now that we're used to Jared never being home. It looks like it's going to be this way for the next few months too so I guess it's a good thing!
The weather has been just beautiful here lately, and since I know it's going to be miserably hot in about 2 months we're taking full advantage of it. We went to the park today and had so much fun! When we first moved here it was so hard going to the park because Katie was only 5 month old, but now that she can move and play it's so much fun!
Today we went down and played in the little ravine by the park, its filled with trees and kamakazi squirrels, and the girls love running around in it getting totally dirty. Mellie has this fascination with dandelions and is always picking them. It takes us twice the time to get to the park because she has to rid every yard of their supply of dandelions along the way. Today Katie started picking them and it just melted my heart! She would pick them by the bud and then bring them to me, so when I got them they were a crushed up mess. I have never seen more beautiful flowers! She's getting so big and I'm really enjoying her growing independence. With Mellie I was sad because she didn't need me as much any more, but with Katie I'm loving it because the three of us are able to do more together.
Tomorrow we're going to the Temple so I decided that perhaps I should do some cleaning so the baby sitter would want to come back. While I was picking up I was explaining to Melody what was going to happen tomorrow. She must be dead sick of being with me because she got so excited about having a baby sitter that she got up and started cleaning! Melody helping clean up with out excessive amounts of bribery is unheard of! I guess I shouldn't be too insulted since I'm looking forward to the 3 hours with giddy anticipation! :D
1 comment:
There was a time when we went to Utah while we lived in Texas for a Family Reunion w/all the Meakins. Jared was I am sure Mellie's age and we were at Grandpa's Meakin front yard one afternoon when he got to discovered the dandelions and he started to blow them away. Grandpa Meakin freaked out coz he said there were bad “flowers” to have on his yard. At this time I didn’t know they were “bad weeds” but Jared didn’t care and kept picking them up and blowing them away. I think I do have a photo for him doing that in my old family albums. About Mellie’s independence, she reminds me so much of Jared.
Post a Comment