I thought I'd update those of you that I don't talk to everyday, namely my mom, sisters, and Ydais on what we've been up to. This last month has been nuts!
When Jared started with Microsoft it was with the understanding that after 1 year he would have to take 3 months off. I guess a few years back all the temps brought a law suit against Microsoft because they were working the same hours and such as the full time employees so they wanted the same benefits. Anyway, his year is up on April 7th and we're in a mad dash to get ready. You'd think a year would be enough notice to get ready for something like that, but alas we are now, and probably forever will be, procrastinators! So with this mad dash, Jared's trying to get a few things done before he has to leave.
He started working on his Microsoft certifications which equaled a ton of study time. That in turn left me with the kids 24/7. Seriously! When Jared wasn't working he was studying, and he still has one more test to go before he gets the first cert! As if that wasn't bad enough they offered unlimited over time to get the Q&A forums caught up so since last Thursday Jared has been working double shifts. Now I really have the kids 24/7! Not that I don't love my kids, I really really do (do I sound like I'm trying to convince myself?) but I'm ready to crack! The experiences I have had over the course of the last year have given me so much respect for single parents!
Amidst all this our lease is up on May 22nd and we need to get out of this place simply it's too expensive! I'm so over living in an apartment, but we don't want to commit our selves to buying yet so I've been looking at renting a house. I was actually pleasantly surprised that we can get as much if not more square footage for several hundred less a month. Now the trick is figuring out where in the metroplex we want to live. In Utah I knew what areas were good and what areas to avoid, I don't have that luxury here! So, thanks to much advice from friends, I'm starting to narrow it down.
Needless to say we're a little stressed right now and eager for the next 3 months to be over! Until then we'll keep you updated on our job and address changes as they happen!
1 comment:
Well that is no fun. I remember when Denny got his A+ certification, all he did was study. Hopefully it will be over soon. :)
Post a Comment