Thursday, October 1, 2009

Texas Rain Storm

We get the craziest rain storms here. The streets are actually paved at a slant with the outside lane the lowest so when it rains it won't flood the road. I didn't understand what this feature was for until I had the pleasure of driving during one of these freak floods. There was a massive storm front that came through today that made Jared kinda nervous. He called and asked me to check and see if there were any tornado warnings. We've had them sneak up on us before, but it didn't seem that stormy. When he got home he showed me these pictures that he stopped to take. Honestly I would've been nervous too!


Then shortly after he got home the rain started. You can't see it too well in this video, but it was coming down so fast and the wind was blowing just right that the rain seemed to be falling horizontally! Craziest thing I have ever seen! The mist you see is actually rain just blowing around. It only lasted maybe 20 minutes but I bet we got almost two inches in that time.


2 comments:

Lexi said...

I totally miss those rain storms. I remeber as a kid we would open the garage, and all sit in there to watch the storm.

flower2416 said...

Crazy weather!