Monday, October 12, 2009

cooking with kids

I just found the coolest website with some of the funnest ideas!

I don't know how many of you have this problem but I have the hardest time getting my kids to eat lunch and dinner. Breakfast and snacks are never a problem, but lunch and dinner are the bane of my existence! I've gotten stuck in this slump of making pb&j's three out of five days a week. Quite frankly I'm SICK of pb&j's! I just don't really know what else to do! When I saw this website and started looking at these recipes I realized that they took little to no effort and I would be able to get the kids involved in all the preparation. Spending quality time with the girls and making dinner/lunch at the same time! SCORE!

So far we've made pb&j sushi, hot dog jelly fish, ghost pancakes, and tonight we're making mummy meatloaf. She has a ton of ideas for themed dinners based on each holiday. I think I'm having more fun than the kids with all the Halloween stuff!

Just wanted to share in case any of you have kids like mine that have to be entertained by their food before they can ingest it!

No comments: