My dear little Melody has been my challenge straight from Heavenly Father since the day she arrived. Constantly challenging me to be better, more patient, more loving, more Christ like, a better example. I love her dearly. Some days I'd like to ring her little neck with that long beautiful hair of hers, but most days she's everything I need her to be with out realizing I needed it.
The other day we stopped in at the office so I could take care of some stuff. While I was writing the lady was talking to Melody. She started with the basic questions what's your name, is this your sister, how old are you. That last one opened a flood gate.
Recently we went to a baptism of a little girl in our ward. I thought since Jared and I both wanted to go we should take the opportunity to start teaching Melody about baptism and what exactly it means. She's been very excited about it ever since and reminds me daily that when she turns eight she gets to be baptized. We've talked about it several times, but I don't think I realized just how much she understood.
When this lady asked Melody about her age she launched into her baptism speech. The lady took it in stride and asked her if she would have water sprinkled on her head. Melody said no you have to go under so all the bad stuff gets washed away. Then she told her that she would get to take the water in her mouth. At first I didn't know what she meant, but later I realized she was talking about the sacrament (we decided to make her wait until then to take the sacrament hoping it would help her understand the significance a bit more). After talking with her a little more the lady asked what church she went to to which Melody responded "the one down the street!" LOL! I told her that we were LDS and she looked confused. Then I explained that sometimes it's referred to as the Mormon church. She had heard of that and asked a few more questions before we left.
As we were walking home I ran over the conversation in my head and was astounded that my three year old had just done more missionary work, more boldly than I ever had! I'm always praying for the opportunity to share the gospel, but I think I worry too much about offending someone so I don't speak up as often as I could. Melody's child like enthusiasm about the gospel inspired me in a way that I think she may never know. I love my little girl so much and some days wonder at the impossibility of the task ahead of me. Raising her and teaching her what she needs to know so that she can return our Father in Heaven. When you think about it, it's a LOT of responsibility. I think that she's headed in the right direction!
3 comments:
That's our Melody, she so awesome!!! Way to go Melody!
Don't you love how things are with kids? Simple and straight to the point. :)
We love Melody! What a complete doll! It is amazing how intune little ones are with the spirit:) Bring on the missonary work Mellie!
Post a Comment