Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Since we managed to not get one picture of last year's Halloween I decided that we were going to take pictures before Halloween this year so I wouldn't have to worry about getting them amid the festivities. I've been working on these off and on for a while but I had to kick it in gear because we actually have several parties this week so I needed to get them done sooner rather than later! I took these outside our building. I wish we had more fall like weather with colorful leaves and what not, but it'll be another month or so before we get that!





These are the bags I put together for them. I found the fabric in a remnant bin and knew I wanted to make their trick-or-treat bags this year. Then I saw this really cute idea to add a monogram in a contrasting fabric. I can NOT remember which blog saw it on so if any of you know please leave a comment. I'd really like to give credit where credit is due! Anywho, I had a ton of fun making these and the kids just love them! All I did was cut a 10X12 rectangle and sew up three sides. Then I folded the bottom corners in 1 1/2 inches and tacked it down to make the bottom more square. For Katie's I sewed in the handle and around the top, the folded it over and went around again. With Mellie's I added the fringe and the handle then just sewed it twice to make sure it was reinforced. The second time I used a zig-zag to pretty it up a little. So simple and so fun! Hopefully they'll hold up and be around to use for a few more years!



If I do manage to get any pictures at the parties this week I'll post them on Sunday (hopefull). Now onto the Christmas projects!

3 comments:

Long Family said...

Super cute! Way to go!

Lexi said...

I LOVE THEM!!! Super good job :) The bags are adorable too!

Lexi said...

ps, what do you use to make those little picture collages?