Saturday, October 31, 2009

The way REAL doctors do it

Melody walked in the room the other day with this on her face and went about her business as usual. I waited to see if she was going to say or do something to let me know that she knew she looked silly, but nothing. So I questioned her about it. She responded with, "I'm a doctor Mom and I don't want the germs to get in me so I'm wearing my mask." She said it so matter of fact that it almost made me feel dumb for asking! She put it on again right before dinner and Jared just looked at her. Then he got up and started searching for the camera, really how can you NOT want a picture of this?




She has this really cute obsession with being a doctor. We have an amazing pediatrician who is supper loving and understands Melody so well. Ever since we started going to her Melody has started playing doctor on Katie. She even says things the same way as Dr. Jiawani! She'll tell Katie 'don't worry Katie I'm just going to listen to your tummy, it won't hurt at all'. Then she'll blow on what ever she's using as her stethoscope to warm it up and proceed to listen to the noises in Katie's tummy.

I found a pattern on that pattern sale at Joann's for a doctors outfit. I think I'll try and get it made for her birthday next year, by then maybe Katie will be a more cooperative patient!

No comments: