For example:
- I wanted some new jewelry, but didn't want to pay the price so I (with the help of a good friend) figured out how to make it.
- My girls needed some new church clothes so I found an easy pattern and made some. (this was a VERY big deal for me having never sewn something to wear before!)
- I wanted to dress up my girls hair so I googled hair bows and learned how to make them.
- Needed some new bibs, but I was sick of the cheapy ones that kept falling apart, so I turned some of Jared's old jeans into new bibs!
Because of all this every time I see something I like, but can't afford I start looking at it to see if I can figure out a way to make it. Thankfully lots of other women in the blog hood do the same thing! I came across some silk flower hair clips the other day that I just loved, but they were $5 a piece! I don't think so! Then I found this tutorial on a blog my sil told me about, Little Birdie Secrets. Walla! I now have my flower hair clips! Not to mention a pin that can be used to pretty up any number of things. Best part...I bought all the satin in the remnants bin for less than $3! I think I may go get some organza and tulle to make a few more because I like the look of hers. All fluffy and full! So pretty!
I know we won't always be where we are now, but I am so grateful that we've had the chance to be here. To have the opportunity to see how creative I can get with what we have and learn new skills to get us the things we don't. How funny the way blessings come wrapped in packages we don't always want to open! I guess you could call it making lemonade ;o)
2 comments:
Good for you :) Creating things for your family makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I came here expecting lemonade.
SON I AM DISAPPOINT!
Post a Comment