I'm having way to much fun with Halloween this year! Between making decorations, on my own and with the kids, and all of the fun food we've been making I'm staying busy! Having kids just makes holidays more fun in my opinion! This is the pot pie I made a while back, it turned out so cute I had to post a picture. I made one big one and 6 small ones. The kids thought it was pretty cool having their own little pumpkin, and dug right in. Considering how often they actually eat what I make for dinner it was worth every minute I spent making it! I posted the recipe on my recipe blog if your interested.
I've almost got the kids Halloween costumes done and I think I outdid my self this year! They turned out really cute and they only cost $10!! I only had to buy the shirts (on sale), leggings, and the felt. I had everything else on hand.
I got the shirts a size too big then took off the sleeves. Then I ran elastic through the collar and bottom casing of the shirt so it would keep the stuffing in, and gathered the sleeves at the top. I kinda fudged the sleeves, but they turned out kinda like cap sleeves and I think they look good so I guess the fudging worked ;o) I used this tutorial to reverse applique the faces on. Then I free handed the leaves and ran a wire through the middle to make them a look a little more 'alive'. I just have to attach the leaves to the collar and stuff 'em and they'll be the most adorable jack 'o lanterns in the world! I'll get some pics posted as soon as I get Katie's finished!
1 comment:
I bet they are going to look super adorable!
I wish we lived in Texas... leggings... I'm going to be stuffing Sophie full of warm layers under her outfit. :P
And the pot pies are cute!
Post a Comment