Melody is currently in a battle with herself. She can't decide which she likes less, the cloth diapers or the panties. A few days ago she decided to give the panties a go and did really well! We only had two accidents all day. Anyone that has potty trained knows the anxiety that comes with doing #2 on the toilet. She acts like it scares the life out of her. I managed to convince her to give it a try, and went in with her so we could chat and maybe help her relax. This is the conversation that ensued:
Melody: (scoots stool and it makes a funny noise) Hey mom that sounds just like a Tuba!
*shocked silence*
Me: How do you know what a tuba sounds like?
Melody: Because Billy plays one.
*more silence*
Me: Umm...who's Billy?
Melody: He's the boy that plays the tuba.
(at this point I realize she must be talking about a cartoon)
Me: What show did you see Billy on?
Melody: Oh Caillou. I think we should get dad a tuba.
Me: Dad plays the saxophone, he doesn't need a tuba.
Melody: Weellll... Maybe we could get him a guitar so he could jam out with me. And then we could get one for you too.
Me: How about I just play the piano instead?
Melody: But how will you dance and jam out with us?
Me: I can just dance with my shoulders like this...
Melody: But the piano is in your room and you said I can't come in your room so you can't jam out with us. *sigh* Sorry mom, we can't break the rules.
The entire time we were having this conversation I was trying desperately to keep a straight face, but by the end I lost the battle. She kept asking me what was so funny! My little girls are a constant source of entertainment!
2 comments:
You brave girl with the cloth diapers!! Carli poops in her underwear and they're in the trash!! I'm way too much of a wuss to deal with that!!
haha dont you just love the way kids think?
Post a Comment