Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some random fun pictures

I recently put the little TV that has a built in VHS in the kids room simply because the only other place for it to go is the garage. A little hard to use in the garage. I didn't think it would really be that big of a deal, I mean they're three and 18 months. Unfortunately I underestimated my children, yet again! While I actually had to show Melody which buttons did what Katie figured it out all on her own. Mostly through trial and error. I would put a movie on for them to watch while I made dinner so they would stay out of the kitchen, then at random intervals Melody would start screaming like a banshee because Katelynn turned the movie off, or fast forwarded it, or rewound it.

Now when I send them to their room to play I tell Mellie to leave the TV off. She understands so she mostly follows instructions, however Katie does what Katie has always done...exactly what she wants! She'll pick a VHS from the stack and start it. If it's over, she'll rewind it. I tried unplugging it, but she quickly figured out how to plug it in. She has even figured out how to pull the plug covers off!!! Melody is a terribly smart little girl and she picks things up quickly. However, Katelynn is quite simply clever. I can not believe the things she does, or how she figures out how to get around me.

Here are some random pictures I took one day when Jared went in to watch a movie with them. They were all so cute all snuggled up together I couldn't resist!


I probably clean their room four times a day, but it always seems to look like this!

See! They do other things even though the TV is on!



I heart this daddy!


This is what happens when Jared tries to get a kiss from Katie,


and here's Melody's consolation kiss.


2 comments:

Long Family said...

Your Kids are SOOO cute!!!

Mrs N said...

How funny! Miss E is the one who won't give kisses, while Bonesteele is always up for a cuddle.

And Miss E's room is CONSTANTLY trashed too.