However she is starting to warm up to dad and permits him a kiss or two before he leaves in the morning, or if she needs comfort then she's willing to sit in mine or Jared's lap for a minute. I live for those minutes! I really want her to learn that she can turn to her sister for comfort too, so whenever she gets hurt while they're playing I encourage Melody to comfort her and kiss her owies better. These efforts were usually met with Katie screaming 'Let go!!' Recently, though, she has started turning to Melody for love. This is the first time I think I've ever seen Katie offer Melody a hug. Melody was so excited! Forgive the mess in the background. We don't clean on weekends, it's sort of every one's day off.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Love loves!
Melody is a very hands on person. She's always launching herself at people and forever trying to gives loves to everyone around. Unfortunately she was blessed with the LEAST cuddly sister on the planet! Katie was so snugly when she was tiny, always wanting to be held and rocked, but as she's gotten older her interest in being touched has waned. She would rather be running and exploring than stuck sitting down snuggling.
However she is starting to warm up to dad and permits him a kiss or two before he leaves in the morning, or if she needs comfort then she's willing to sit in mine or Jared's lap for a minute. I live for those minutes! I really want her to learn that she can turn to her sister for comfort too, so whenever she gets hurt while they're playing I encourage Melody to comfort her and kiss her owies better. These efforts were usually met with Katie screaming 'Let go!!' Recently, though, she has started turning to Melody for love. This is the first time I think I've ever seen Katie offer Melody a hug. Melody was so excited! Forgive the mess in the background. We don't clean on weekends, it's sort of every one's day off.
However she is starting to warm up to dad and permits him a kiss or two before he leaves in the morning, or if she needs comfort then she's willing to sit in mine or Jared's lap for a minute. I live for those minutes! I really want her to learn that she can turn to her sister for comfort too, so whenever she gets hurt while they're playing I encourage Melody to comfort her and kiss her owies better. These efforts were usually met with Katie screaming 'Let go!!' Recently, though, she has started turning to Melody for love. This is the first time I think I've ever seen Katie offer Melody a hug. Melody was so excited! Forgive the mess in the background. We don't clean on weekends, it's sort of every one's day off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ADORABLE!!! I like how Katie would just lean into Melody. :P
Post a Comment