Thanks to Isaak I was able to get pictures of Katie. I'm going to miss him when he goes home! He's such a huge help!
The bottom of this shirt had an x-box website on it. I couldn't get around it so she has www. across the crotch. I don't think we'll be wearing these in public!
Since seeing these yesterday on the Nanny Goat Blog (the original post and the tutorial is on lil blue boo) I felt the need to make them. Immediately. I don't know how many people are weird like me, but when I get an idea or come across a project that I just love, I can't do anything else until I get it finished. So today I dug through all of our boxes and found the stack of t-shirts that we had put away because we might need them some day. Well today was that day!
I thought these green ones would look really dumb, I mean it was dumb looking as a shirt so why not as pants? However, I discovered that they both have several shirts that match! Yay! The gray ones were the first ones I made and I had to alter my pattern a bit. Again with the long waists and big butts! I made the rise an extra 1 1/2" and made the casing a little bigger than she did. Also, I only had enough elastic to make two (I didn't get a pic of the turquoise ones) so I made the green ones draw string. Just cut two long pieces from the left over t-shirt material and then pulled to make the edges curl in, then knotted the ends. I figure if they're going to be sharing them, drawstring makes more sense. That way one of them doesn't have them falling off and the other isn't getting squished.
These were both made with medium sized shirts. I'm going to hit the garage sales this weekend and see what I can find, and for you lucky ducks that live near a DI enjoy your quick trip! I know one thing they always have in abundance is t-shirts. I think these could easily be made for boys as much as for girls, I just think the girls are more fun to make, but I may be biased ;0)
I thought these green ones would look really dumb, I mean it was dumb looking as a shirt so why not as pants? However, I discovered that they both have several shirts that match! Yay! The gray ones were the first ones I made and I had to alter my pattern a bit. Again with the long waists and big butts! I made the rise an extra 1 1/2" and made the casing a little bigger than she did. Also, I only had enough elastic to make two (I didn't get a pic of the turquoise ones) so I made the green ones draw string. Just cut two long pieces from the left over t-shirt material and then pulled to make the edges curl in, then knotted the ends. I figure if they're going to be sharing them, drawstring makes more sense. That way one of them doesn't have them falling off and the other isn't getting squished.
These were both made with medium sized shirts. I'm going to hit the garage sales this weekend and see what I can find, and for you lucky ducks that live near a DI enjoy your quick trip! I know one thing they always have in abundance is t-shirts. I think these could easily be made for boys as much as for girls, I just think the girls are more fun to make, but I may be biased ;0)
2 comments:
adorable! I'll have to try these. And don't worry you aren't alone, once I want to do something I do it right then haha.
Those are so stinking cute! Again....so amazed by you. Boy, do I need to learn to sew!
Post a Comment