My sweet little Melody is s curious and is forever asking questions. I actually try not to watch tv or movies with her because the flood of questions is unending and unnerving. I know I should be glad that she is so inquisitive, but sometimes I wish the talking would stop for just a few minutes! I sincerly hope I'm not alone in this! But I digress. I wanted to show everyone some of the things Melody has been learning lately.
Last week we were out for a walk and she started noticing the differences in the leaves that were on the ground. I thought it would be a fun way to introduce her to charts by making our own leaf chart. We spent the rest of our walk gathering leaves. She was very careful only to get the 'good' ones! LOL!
When we got home she laid them all out and we talked about words we could use to describe them. This was harder for her so I had to help quite a bit, but once we had the descriptions down she was able to sort them without too much help. I was pretty proud of how well she did and how much of it she did on her own!
Recently she has decided she wants to write letters. I showed her a while back how to do M, A, and E, but she still didn't have the small motor skills she needed to be able to write them so I left it at that and let her just draw. She is always drawing on something. Usually it's pictures of people or ghosts. Sometimes she fills the whole page up with dots. However, I was unaware how good she had gotten at writing letters until she showed me this...
It was a card from a secret Santa that cam in the mail, unsigned and with a check. It meant so much to me that I hung it up with our other cards. Melody didn't like that it didn't have anything written in it, so she decided to fix it! She came running in and wanted to show me what she had done. She told me that she had to write mom in it since it was for mom. I was so impressed not only that she could write the letters m o m, but that she manged to put that together and write mom with it. Totally blew me away! I vaguely remember talking to her about how to spell mom a while back, but it was one of those in passing things that I never thought she'd remember. She sure showed me!
She can now write 13 of the 26 letters. In other words all the straight letters. Anything that has a round part other than o and q she just can't get. It frustrates her to no end because she wants to write her name, but that blasted D just won't work! :) She's so funny! I don't think it'll be too much longer before she figures it out.
Lately she's gotten really detailed in her drawings. We recently got Little Mermaid 2 from Netflix and if you don't know that one is about Ariel's daughter...Melody. She can't get enough of it! I let her watch it the other day for quiet time while I worked on Christmas gifts and she brought me a picture that she had drawn while watching it. She started telling me about it and I made her stop so I could get a pen and write down what she was saying. I couldn't believe how much detail she was putting into it! I'd include a picture of that one too, but I put it away so I wouldn't lose it! o.0
This picture isn't that great. My batteries were dieing so it wouldn't let me use the flash, but this is one of her 'people'. She's started including elbows and nostrils (I know your thinking what!?! I was too when she told me that!) on some of them. They're all different, and she draws them everywhere! If Jared brings home post-it notes he better not want them becuase Melody makes short work of those! She draws a different person on each one then sticks them all over the room, desk, window, what ever is closest.
I guess along with being a fashion designer she'll also be a famous artist! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment