Friday, December 25, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

We had fun yesterday just hanging out around the house. The silly storm that blew in made me sick so I slept most of the day (score!) but we did have a chance to run out and play in the snow flurries! Look for a post on that tomorrow, all I can manage today is Christmas! The kids were so excited last night that they didn't go to sleep until almost 10! They're usually asleep by 7:30 so that was REALLY late for them!

Jared blockaded their door with the couch so they couldn't get up before us and open anything with out us. I really think that will only work for another year or so, but I guess we should take advantage of it while we can! We had a really great time opening presents this year. The kids are both old enough to enjoy it and still young enough that everything is wonderful! They were spoiled perfectly rotten! However, everything they got will be well loved and well used.

About a week ago a brother from our ward showed up with presents for the girls. He said that a couple he knew that didn't have any kids had wanted to buy presents for some kids and wanted to know if there was anyone they could help out this year. I had already bought them the few things we were going to get them and I was ok with that, but how nice it was to have a few extra things under the tree for them! Our secret Santa got them some really great gifts! There was an easel with markers and chalk, fairy wings, wands and crowns for both, work books, reading books...everything they bought was educational and functional. I was very grateful for all the thought and effort they put into it.

The kids oohed and aahed and just loved everthing. Thank you all for everything you do and for thinking about us while we're so far away! Christmas was always a time for family to be together when I was growing up so this be far away is kind of an adjustment. I'm so grateful for the technology that allows us to stay close and gives my kids a chance to have memories of all of you!

We taped most of the morning, I cut out the few tantrums and my momentary loss of cool, but other than that it's all there! I'm sure no one other than family will appreciate watching our kids opening presents for 40 minutes so consider yourselves warned! Since our camera can only hold  a few minutes worth of video it's broken down into 5 different clips.

Merry Christmas everyone!




Christmas #1




Christmas #2




Christmas #3





Christmas #4





Christmas #5

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I'm glad you all had a good Christmas. :) We missed you here. Love you all!