Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My favorite holiday!

I'm a big holiday person. I enjoy making the most of them and all the celebrating that comes with it. However, I think Christmas is my very favorite. I think it stems from all the traditions that were centered around it in my house growing up. From choosing the tree to when it was decorated, to making the treats and gifts, to pulling out the 'special' trunk with all the decorations. Everything about Christmas was special and magical. Looking back I realized that there are very few presents that stand out, but that I distinctly remember all the other traditions. It's given me a drive to make sure that we are creating family traditions with our girls that will not only be memorable, but will help them remember the true reason for all the celebrating.

Now that I'm 'all grown up' the thing I look forward to most is the Christmas hymns. Being able to hear songs on the radio that speak of Christ and all the joy that came from his birth is wonderful. In Utah its not hard to hear church hymns on the radio, but here it's not a common thing so it makes it even more special when you do hear them. I found this on a blog I follow and had to post it. This is by far one of my very favorite Christmas songs and it's sung by one of my favorite singers. Every mother thinks her child is the most special and amazing one to ever be, but Mary's child really was all of those things and more. Having charge of two of our Heavenly Father's special little spirits and teaching them all they need to know to return is an overwhelming responsibility, but to actually have the son of God in your charge! Could you imagine the kind of woman she must have been to be entrusted with this most special gift?

Enjoy this and pass it on to any that might also enjoy it.



1 comment:

Lexi said...

I love this song. Jared has the music for it. Make him play and sing it for you :)