Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My little Fashionista




In the last few months Melody has developed a love for fashion. She's been known to change her clothes 4 times a day and accessorize and RE-accessorize even more. When I learned how to make jewelry I started making bracelets for them too. Now Melody requests certain things to match certain outfits. Recently I made her this to go with a dress she wears a lot.



She wears it nearly every day! Once she even let Katie wear it. Katie walked into the kitchen and said 'mommy so pitty!' and proceeded to show off all of her 'pitty-s', It was pretty cute. Guess I should start making her some too!

Melody also has a deep love for shoes. She has on all of her shoes throughout the course of the day. Unfortunately, with how fast she has been growing that amounts to about three pair. She especially loves to put on tights and her church shoes, or as she calls them her 'dancing shoes'. She then puts in a few hair accessories (note the Nephite inspired headband in top picture), add a few bracelets to the mix and a boa or two and she's ready to dance the day away. The problem arises in the fact that she simply cannot dance by herself and Katie doesn't have the same fondness for dancing as Melody. I told her she should pretend she was dancing with someone to which she responded 'Aurora doesn't have to pretend' Apparently she has herself confused with some Disney princess. I smell trouble on the horizon, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Recently, either because she has simply given up or because she's actually starting to like it, Katie has started letting Mellie dress her up. I had them gated in their room yesterday so I could clean and Melody started yelling 'QUICK MOM! Come here!' So obviously I drop everything thinking for sure Katie has finally succeeded at climbing the bookshelf and is now stuck. I get in their room and I see this...



Nothing traumatic. Just Katie. Wearing bows. Lots of bows. Melody and I had a little chat about when it's ok to freak mommy out and when it's not. She responded 'but Katie NEVER lets me put hair bows in. This was important!'

Whatever.

I think I may be truly creating a monster, but I don't have the heart to discourage her. I don't even usually make her change her clothes unless they're not weather appropriate. Jared tries to coerce her into matching when he's going out with us, but she won't be dissuaded. She's convinced that she looks great. I'm sure this is all leading to her becoming a great designer and making lots of money so Jared and I can retire to Tahiti. *sigh* A girl can dream can't she?

2 comments:

Lexi said...

That little necklace is so cute. And Melody's clothes don't need to match. She's being an individual. :) Just remind Jared that he used to wear a Ghost Buster pack everywhere.

Mrs N said...

It's really amazing to me how similar our two oldest children are. Too bad we live so far apart! They'd be like long lost twins. Miss E changes her clothes at least 4x a day also. She always thinks she looks fabulous, despite a cheerful disregard for any color coordination. Right now she is wearing blue pajama pants and a green tee under a yellow swimsuit. Bonesteele doesn't have enough hair to clip bows into, or she probably would have tried that too.

I let her wear pretty much whatever too. I think it's funny. I'm going to make her take that horrible swimsuit off before we head to the grocery store, though. Ha ha