Originally we were going to celebrate on Saturday when Jared could be home all day and we could take the kids out for lunch, but we had a huge to do list and a ward Christmas party that night so we opted to just take the kids to McDonald's and let them play in the play place. It was probably THE coolest play place I have ever seen! I wanted to play! I would've too if I hadn't had a bad experience with a slide when I was pregnant with Katie! :)
So at an rate we ended up having her party tonight. I must say we're getting pretty good at this whole party throwing thing with just the four of us. We always manage to have fun! Melody has been driving me CRAZY all day wanting to make the cake, blow up the balloons, hang the streamers, wrap her present, ect. Once we finally got the house cleaned up I let her go to town. She taped streamers and tied balloons all over the house! I think we did a pretty good job.
One of my favorite things about Katelynn is how expressive she is. Every thing is either wonderful or horrible. There really is no in between for her. While she was opening presents she oohed and aahed over everything. It was a lot of fun. Aunt Whitney got her a giant ABC floor puzzle from Mellisa & Doug. (I heart Mellisa & Doug toys) Melody spent at least 20 minutes deliberating between a coloring books at the dollar store, then another 5 deciding which crayons were the best. It was worth it though because Katie loved it. Jared and I got her some lacing cards (also from Mellisa & Doug :P ), and Great Grandma & Grandpa Carter got her (and Melody) a littlest pet shop toy. Katie adores babies of all shapes and sizes right now so she was very excited. She's snuggled up with it as we speak.
Between my mad cake makin' and decorating skills I should go into business! :p I didn't have time to let it cool all the way so it was sliding all over the place, besides it doesn't matter what it looks like, only what it tastes like!
Katelynn was VERY angry that we made her wait while we took pictures and sang to her. She was ready to eat and she wasn't too interested in waiting! She even cried all the way through happy birthday! lol!
You should see what the chairs looked like! We had balloons and streamers EVERYWHERE!
Thanks to Alexis the girls got to see most of Jared's family. Taly was the only one not there (Melody asked later when she would get to see you Taly) Jared's Grandparents are up from Mexico and we haven't seen them since we went down summer before last. They all sang happy birthday to Katie and she sang along with them. Jared's family got to witness first hand why I'm struggling with the idea of having more kids. I really want more, I just don't know if I can handle more!
We had a wonderful time celebrating Katelynn's birthday together and we're so grateful that she's ours. She has enriched our lives in so many ways. As I tell them both so often I'm SO glad Heavenly Father picked me to be their momma!
*We taped pretty much the whole party so these are pretty long videos full of family fun. You've been warned!


2 comments:
That's good that they had fun. Mom totally has a webcam too by the way. We did a video chat with her for last Christmas.
Once we finished the videos of you guys, Sophie looks at me and says "Mom, more Kaite?" She loves watching the videos. :)
I was not invite to the Party!!!!!!!!!! *tear*
Honestly I didnt remember it was her b-day, I was thinking it was going to be on the 23rd.
Happy Late B-day Katie and please forgive grandma Taly for been confused about your b-day.
Post a Comment