Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Too smart for her own good!

The other night after I had put the kids to bed I sat down with a bag of hugs that I had been hiding to watch T.V. A few minutes later Melody comes walking out with something that she had to tell me that couldn't wait until morning. I quickly hid the candy because once she sees it all bets are off. She'll whine, cry, beg and generally annoy until I give her some of what ever it is she wants. It never ends with just one though, before she's even unwrapped the one I give her she's already plotting out how many more she may be able to get out of me. Now you see why I had been hiding them to begin with!

So I'm trying to descretly chew up the one in my mouth and this conversation ensued:

Melody: Hey mom...(breaks off and starts sniffing) What's that smell? (sniffing some more) What is that mom?
Me: I don't know what you're talking about, I don't smell anything.
Melody: I do! (sniffing some more, closer to my face) You have candy!!
Me: I DO NOT!
Melody: (sniffing even closer) YES you DO! CHOCOLATE candy!
Me: No I don't! I don't know what you're talking about!
Melody: Ha on me Mom!
Me: Ha on you?
Melody: Yes ha on me like this (making a ha-ing noise while breathing on my face)
Me: I will not ha on you go to bed.
Melody: I know you have candy Mom!
Me: JARED! Come put her back to bed!

I was dieing! I almost gave her some just because it was so stinkin' funny! When she asked me to 'Ha' on her I about lost it. That kid is WAY to smart for her own good!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I started cracking up while reading this. don't you just love kids?