Recently she decided that she likes to cook so any chance she gets she comes into the kitchen to help me with dinner. It sure makes it messier, but it's too much fun! She also loves to sing. She comes home from nursery every week with a new song, and I've started teaching her a few. She has an amazing memory! I've heard from several people that Jared was the same way so she obviously comes by it honestly! She knows her ABC's now and keeps asking us to write the 'baby' letters for her so I've started teaching her the lower case letters. She's trying to write them, but her motor skills just haven't caught up with her brain yet.
Melody will be going to her first day of 'preschool' tomorrow. Our ward started a preschool group with a few of the nursery age kids and I am so excited! For two hours every Thursday she will be going to someone else's house! It will give me a chance to spend a little more one on one time with Katie. There are 10 moms doing it and each week we take turns teaching so we each only have to do it once every 10 weeks. It's going to be great!
Well there's my update on the older Meakin Monster. More to come on the younger one, I'm sure she'll be walking in the next month or two. She's already started to stand with out support. I guess you can't keep them babies forever!
1 comment:
Aha, Mellie is just like her daddy!!!!! No girls want to be her friend; well Jared just had GIRLS for friends! Both of them are such magnets to the opposite side And YES Jared do have an amazing memory since he was a little boy and looks like Mellie got that from her daddy and ME also Jared did the little preschool (Joy School) I am sure he does remember some of the songs, Mellie ask your daddy to sing “Mellie would you stand up and let me see your smile” and so many more cute songs.
Post a Comment