Friday, September 12, 2008

Update on Ike

For those of you who have been wondering, yes Ike is supposed to clip the DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) area. We've been told to expect 30-40 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 50mph and to be on the watch because it could change its course at any time. Right now the center of the storm should stay East of the Dallas area, but it's already moved 60 miles west of where it was early this morning. Lucky for us Jared will be gone all day so I should spend most of the day worried about him and the chance that something may fly through our window! We got a letter from the management company reminding us to make sure our renters insurance was current because they wouldn't be responsible for any damages, which is expected. I was just concerned that they felt the need to send that out. It looks like everyone is expecting tomorrow to be bad! I'll update you again tomorrow night on what's going on and if we've had any damage to our area. Love you all!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

I hope nothing happens in your area. *fingers crossed*

Jasmine said...

try and keep us up to date if possible! I am sure this is very scary for you! Jennifer was in the houston area when a hurricane came through. I remember hearing her on the phone with mom and dad when it happened. I am sure with the Lord watching over you guys as he has been doing you will be blessed with a pleasant mild storm and be missed entirely! Lots of love and prayers coming your way! *mwah*