Thursday, September 4, 2008

She Climbs! dun-dun-dun...

Katie has mastered the one handed scoot, the two handed scoot and now... she can climb. That's right I said climb, at 8 months old she's like a regular Spider Man! I left the kids in the living room the other day and suddenly I hear Mellie yelling 'No Katie, don't touch it!' So obviously I go check and I find Katie has climbed up the front of our new entertainment center (which will soon have doors) and is now banging on Jared's very overpriced TV- with both hands! I IM Jared and tell him what she has figured out how to do and he promptly suggests another trip to Ikea to get the doors that can be added. Right after I removed her from in front of the TV she starts attacking the movies. She managed to clean out the whole shelf in less than a minute, much to Mellie's dismay. She was trying to put them back in as fast as Katie was taking them out. Today she scooted over to the wall and figured out how to climb up to a standing postion and then looks around very proud of herself. Very quickly she realized that not only could she not reach the toys she also couldn't get herself down. I had been watching her and she looked at me with this pathetic 'save me' face and all I could do was laugh. Finally I got it under control and helped her back down to the floor and she promptly climbed right back up the wall! I was afraid for her to crawl because she would be moving so much faster, now I'm afraid she's going to skip crawling and go straight to walking!

1 comment:

Lexi said...

That is one of Sophie's favorite things do to... pull down all of grandpa's movies. Every SINGLE one, even with him saying "no Sophie" and trying to put them all back. :)